Car Accident Laws You Should Know Before Hiring a Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
If you’ve been in a car accident in Phoenix, AZ, understanding the state auto accident laws can help you decide between obtaining compensation for the damages and suffering you experience or leaving thousands of dollars unrecovered. Unfortunately, most victims of auto accidents don’t know the applicable laws or even whom to hire as a Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix to assist them with their case. Knowing car accident law and a Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix you select is critical to maximizing the benefit of your injury claim.
In Phoenix, Arizona, when a vehicle is involved in an accident, the at-fault driver is liable for damages suffered by the other party. It is essential to understand Arizona’s ‘Comparative Negligence’ system when determining liability between two or more parties. Comparative negligence dictates that the extent of blame put on each party impacted by the accident will be considered when assigning blame. To illustrate, if you are found to be 10% at fault for the accident and the other party is 90% at fault, you may be able to collect damages from the at-fault party for the remaining 90% of the damages. To file a personal injury claim, you must do so within two years of the auto accident and hire a Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix. If you do not file your injury claim within the two-year statute of limitations, your claim will not be valid, and you may not be able to receive the compensation to which you are entitled. In some cases, you may have additional negotiation leverage depending on the type of accident that occurred. Negligence Per Se can apply if a traffic violation or laws were violated that caused someone to be injured. This legal concept is based on the argument that the other party was negligent because their actions violated a law. An example of Negligence Per Se might be a car accident caused by a driver disregarding speed limits, which can be proven with eyewitness accounts or camera footage. To make a personal injury claim, you must prove that you were harmed in some way and that the other party was responsible for the injuryalso a Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix can help. Different types of damages can be awarded based on the type and extent of the injury. Common types of damages are general damages (pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life) and special damages (medical bills, lost wages, property damage). Insurance companies make up much of the legal overhead you soon face when filing a personal injury claim. Insurance companies may try to bully or benefit you into signing a settlement so they can move on with their cases. Understanding the legal environment, the types of damages you are entitled to, and how to negotiate with insurance companies also having a Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix beforehand will help you remain assertive and get the compensation you deserve.
Lloyd Baker Injury Attorneys
4428 N 12th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014