About Two Hours After Bible Worship Group Seeks Emergency Injunction, California Relaxes Guidance for April 15–After Easter, of Course

0
20
About Two Hours After Bible Worship Group Seeks Emergency Injunction, California Relaxes Guidance for April 15–After Easter, of Course

On Tuesday, March 30th, the Ninth Circle upheld California’s restrictions on indoor collecting at Tandon against Newsom. For the next 48 hours, the Bible Worship Group desperately prepared a motion for a restraining order from the Supreme Court. At around 6:00 a.m. ET on Friday, the group filed this request with the Supreme Court. About two hours later, California changed its congregation policy effective April 15th. This never-ending game with the mole is such a pathetic waste of time for everyone.

Does anyone think this timing is random? The government is trying again to thwart the Supreme Court review. And of course this change will take effect after Easter.

Thanks to the metadata of the PDF, I can pinpoint the exact minute the instructions were changed. The document was created at 4:20 p.m. (PT) and completed at 4:56 p.m. (PT). The application was re-submitted at around 3:00 p.m. PT. This change was not planned in advance. The government released this policy following the decision of the 9th Circuit and in response to the upcoming motion.

What happens next? Circuit Justice Kagan has not requested an answer yet. Hope she doesn’t set the due date after April 15th. If the state is given two weeks, the case may be discussed. (Though I think the volunteering keeps it alive.) Kagan previously gave California 7 days at Gateway City Church. This number should be kept. If Kagan California provides a response by Friday, April 9, plaintiffs have until Saturday to respond. A decision on Sunday, April 11th, would allow the group to worship on their Sabbath. This relief would make sense. And the court could rule long before the April 15th changeover. Of course, we saw that the court was ready to sit down on the Kentucky petition to discuss it. And we know that the boss doesn’t believe in the concept of volunteering. The five-strong majority of the Roman Catholic diocese must be proactive here. Issue the decision as soon as possible. If the dissent is not ready, say that the dissent will come later. Don’t let the court’s cowardly caucus stop you from ruling on this blatant breach of the First Amendment.

Going forward, there must be some form of sanction for government officials who consistently seek to thwart the Supreme Court review. The investigation could determine which factors contributed to the change in the policy. I’m sure Rhys Williams, the Senior Advisor on Emergency Preparedness and Management who prepared this document, would be happy to answer a few questions about how and when the government decided to change this document in response to the residency request.

To update: Circuit Justice Kagan has set the deadline for “Thursday, April 8th, 5pm ET”. Six days is better than seven.