Day Foot Rd. crosses over Little Hoosic River in Petersburg, New York.
In southwestern Vermont, residents of the town of Bennington sued in 2016 after state officials determined that a local company, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corp., discharged the toxic chemical perfluorooctanoic acid, or PFOA, through its smokestacks. Over decades, the chemicals seeped into the groundwater, contaminating the drinking water supply for more than 2,000 property owners.
Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Benefits of a Digital Membership:
- Free access to 3 articles* every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM suite of newsletters
- Build custom alerts on any search topic of your choosing
- Search by a wide range of topics
*May exclude premium content
Already have an account? Sign In Now