ASK THE LAWYER: How lengthy do I’ve to sue after wreck? | Enterprise

ASK THE LAWYER: What happens to my credit card debt when I die? | Business

DEAR JEFF: I was in an automobile accident that was not my fault, and I was not hurt, but the other driver’s insurance company has never fixed my car. How long do I have to sue them? Thanks, “Wrecked”

Dear “Wrecked”: According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, a person must bring suit for property damage or personal injury not later than two years after the date of the accident. Any suit filed after that date will be barred by limitations.

[email protected]?8mstp# ytuuik^[email protected]?8m x [email protected]?65 2 7C:6?5 [email protected]>6 >@?6J 2 [email protected]=6 @7 >@?E9D [email protected]] w6 H2D [email protected] [email protected] A2J >6 324< :? D:I H666 >@?6J E92E H2D @H65 [email protected] 9:>X] x 6 H92E 96 @H6D >6[ 3642FD6 H6 5:5?’E D:8? 2 HC:EE6? 28C66>6?E] xD 2? @C2= 28C66>6?E [email protected]=6n %92?6 }6H uC:6?5D”k^Am

[email protected]?8ms62C “}6H uC:6?5D”ik^[email protected]?8m p? @C2= [email protected]?EC24E 😀 [email protected]=6 😕 %6I2D[ 2D [email protected]?8 2D :E [email protected] [email protected] G:@=2E6 E96 $E2EFE6 @7 uC2F5D WH9:49 C6BF:C6D 46CE2:? [email protected]?EC24ED [email protected] 2=H2JD 36 😕 HC:E:?8 [email protected] 36 [email protected]=6X] p>@?8 E96 [email protected]?EC24ED E92E >FDE 36 😕 HC:E:?8 2C6 28C66>6?ED C682C5:?8 E96 D2=6 @7 C62= 6DE2E6 2?5 2?J @3=:82E:@? E92E [email protected] 36 [email protected]>65 H:E9:? @?6 J62C]k^Am


Jeffrey Bates is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas, but is not board certified in any area of specialty by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

This column is meant for general information and educational purposes only, and neither this column nor the transmittal of a legal question via email constitutes the creation of an attorney/client relationship between the reader and Jeffrey Bates and/or Southern Newspapers Inc. For specific advice regarding legal matters affecting you, consult an attorney.

To submit a question, send it via email to [email protected], or via regular mail to Ask the Lawyer, 101 S. First St., Lufkin 75901, or call 639-2900.