Credit: smolaw / Shutterstock.com
In recent years, as mass tort cases involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and consumer products have ballooned in size and advertising spend, product manufacturers have also seen a dramatic increase in the public’s attention to them. Mass tort defendants often face scrutiny in the popular press, on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and even on the political debate stage, from the start of litigations, and long before any court or jury has the opportunity to consider the validity of the claims alleged against them. Companies at the center of these matters can understandably feel like they are under attack and unable to effectively counter one-sided narratives.
Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Benefits of a Digital Membership:
- Free access to 3 articles* every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM suite of newsletters
- Build custom alerts on any search topic of your choosing
- Search by a wide range of topics
*May exclude premium content
Already have an account? Sign In Now