The Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys elected new officers and trustees for 2021 at its annual meeting last November.
New officers include: President Natalie ME Wais, Young & Alexander Co., LPA, Cincinnati; Vice President Benjamin C. Sassé, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland; Treasurer David W. Orlandini, Collins, Roche, Utley & Garner, LLC, Dublin; Secretary Paul W. McCartney, Bonezzi Switzer Polito & Hupp Co. LPA, Cincinnati; and immediate past president, Jamey T. Pregon, American Family Insurance, Columbus.
Elected Trustees are: Anthony E. Brown, Milligan Pusateri Co., LPA, Canton; Steven G. Carlino, Weston Hurd LLP, Columbus; Timothy J. Fitzgerald, Koehler Fitzgerald LLC, Cleveland; Thomas F. Glassman, Bonezzi Swiss Polito & Hupp Co. LPA, Cincinnati; Stu Harris, National Insurance, Columbus; Melanie Irvin, Branch, Columbus; Jill K. Mercer, National Insurance, Columbus; Michael M. Neltner, human resources advisor, Cincinnati Insurance Company, Cincinnati; David J. Oberly, Blank Rome, LLP, Cincinnati; Daniel A. Richards, Weston Hurd LLP, Cleveland; and Elizabeth T. Smith, Vorys Sater Seymour & Pease, Columbus.
The Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys is an organization of attorneys, executives, and managers who devote significant amounts of their time to defending civil suits and managing claims against individuals, companies, and government agencies. The OACTA mission is to promote fairness, excellence, and integrity in civil justice by providing resources and training to lawyers and others who advocate the defense of civil claims.
The OACTA presented several awards as part of its presentation of the Legal Excellence Awards and its annual business meeting last November. The awards recognize attorneys for their service to OACTA, the profession, and the community.
• The Lifetime Achievement Award: Stephen V. Freeze of Dayton.
• Outstanding Advocacy Award: Richard M. Garner of Collins, Roche, Utley & Garner LLC in Columbus
• The award for outstanding young lawyers: Christopher F. Mars from Bonezzi, Switzerland, Polito & Hupp Co., LPA in Cleveland.
• Committee Chairman of the Year Award: Brigid E. Heid of Eastman & Smith, Ltd. in Columbus
• The Frank Seth Hurd Member of the Year: Jamey T. Pregon of the American Family in Columbus.